Girl Overdoses on Espresso
A British girl home after exams, found out the hard way that you really can have too much espresso. She was a little tired working after not much sleep in her father’s café, and decided if one double shot was good, then another was better. After seven doubles, she was a mess; "My nerves were all over the place," Jasmine said. "I was crying in front of the customers and had tears streaming down my face."
After leaving the shop, she went home and took a turn for the worse, eventually landing herself in the hospital; "I was drenched. I was burning up and hyperventilating," she said. "I was having palpitations, my heart was beating so fast and I think I was going into shock."
After being monitored for several hours after being diagnosed with caffeine overdose, she was fine and was allowed to go home. She hasn’t had a coffee or espresso since.
Read More in: General News
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at August 14, 2007 7:58 AM