Krups 888-43 Caffee Centro 10-Cup Coffee/ Pump Espresso Combo Machine - Perfect for the Dorm?
A quick check of a few students heading back to school and they are looking for Combo Coffee units for their dorm room. Blame it on all those lattes at Starbucks or the local coffee shop in High School, but this batch of students likes coffee and likes good espresso. This means getting a decent maker, and on the espresso side, that means a pump driven machine.
The Krups Caffe Centro 10-Cup Coffee/Pump Driven Espresso machine might just be the reasonable combo unit that will look good and perform well late night, cramming for the next exam. There are a couple of things I like in the unit that make a lot of sense:
- Espresso and Coffee Maker in one space saving unit.
- It's a 15-bar pump driven espresso machine - better flavor and extractions
- The Espresso side has a 37-ounce reservoir - plenty for a lot of shots.
- The 10-cup coffee side is a nice bonus when you want straight cup of "Joe"
- Coffee Maker has a 2-hour timed shut-off safety feature
- Coffee Maker has a pause and serve type switch that allows you to grab a cup of coffee while still brewing.
- Finally - the Price. At the price just over $100, it means that you qualify for a special $20 off deal for items over $100; at this writing: $104 - $20 = $84. THe $20 deal requires you to use Bill-Me Later. If you don't want to use that, the $104 is a great price anyway. This is a pump driven machine and at this price point, you usually only get an inferior steam driven machine.
At Amazon - Krups Caffe Centro 10-Cup Coffee/Pump Driven Espresso Maker
Read More in: Espresso Machines
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at August 12, 2008 7:32 AM
The unit absolutely was the ~$100 at Amazon; and I agree it was a heck of a deal at that price, that's why I posted it. In whatever sales category it was, it was the most popular at the time which makes me think that a lot of people were thinking the same thing. The $260+ price ($299 at this writing) does change things.