How to Make Great Coffee at Home - French Press Style
It is not hard to make a great French Press coffee at home, and I think it's a fantastic way to enjoy coffee when you can take the time to do it.
- Pick Fresh coffee - yea, it really matters, and can give you so much more when the coffee is fresh.
- Grind is right - a course setting is appropriate for the French Press method, almost like the texture of a regular beach sand.
- Pour in Hot Water - I like close to boiling, and I aim to wet all of the grounds as I pour; DON'T plunge yet, you want to let it steep
- Put on Lid and let stand without plunging for 3-4 minutes.
- Plunge Slowly; this filters the grounds without pushing too much of the fines through the screen on the plunger.
- Pour and Enjoy - you'll be coming back for more.
Check on the variety of French Press examples here at Single Serve Espresso
Read More in: General News
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at February 20, 2009 8:03 AM