Starbucks Verismo Coffee and Espresso Pod Varieties
The new Starbucks Verismo has hit the market, and several readers have asked about the varieties available for the new machine line. With the ability to make your own Latte, as well as espresso and coffee, interest is high. While Starbucks has talked about its pressure brewed espresso quite a bit, they are also positioning it as a machine that can create light and lively coffee in a variety of sizes.
Pods for Starbucks Verismo are available in:
- Caffe Latte - with eight espresso and eight milk pods - $12.95
- Decaf Latte -with eight decaffeinated espresso and eight milk pods - $12.95
- Espresso Roast - 12 pods - $11.95
- Decaf Espresso Pods - 12 pods - $11.95
- Cafe Verona Brewed Coffee - 12 pods - $11.95
- House Blend - 12 Pods - $11.95
- Pike Place - 12 Pods - $11.95
- Guatemala Antigua - 12 pods - $11.95
- Veranda Blend - 12 pods - $11.95
- Milk Pods - 12 pods - $9.95
With the addition of the milk pods option, a Latte lover can select their own coffee blend and get a little savings by adding a box of milk pods to the batch. At over $1.50 a latte, the pre-boxed Caffe Late option is a little more expensive compared to at-home brewing using your own milk and an espresso shot from something like a Nespresso Lattissima+ ($0.65 for the espresso capsule and about $0.25 for the milk). Compared to stopping in the shop for one, it's cheap.
UPDATE: Check out our Unboxing and First Brew post on the new Verismo 580 Brewer.
Read More in: General News
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at September 22, 2012 9:16 AM