Nespresso Variations Capsules 2012 - Hazelnut, Coconut and Macadamia
UPDATE: See My Nespresso Variations 2012 Full Review
Nespresso also just announced their Holiday celebration flavors, the Nespresso Variations 2012, helping to wrap up the year in espresso. The capsules are always around for the holidays, and even if you are not a huge fan of flavored coffee (like me), these tend to be a fun experiment in espresso that I find worth the trip.
For the 2012 holidays, Nespresso has brought us a nutty set; Hazelnut, Coconut and Macadamia nut flavors. Nespresso always offers a fantasy-based over the top site that hypes the Variations; this year is no different. Not only do they offer flavor details, but recipes too. According to Nespresso:
- Coconut - perfect harmony between the coconut notes and the Livanto Grand Cru creates a gourmand experience reminiscent of coconut macaroons.
- Hazelnut - The combination of lightly roasted hazelnut notes with the Livanto Grand Cru reveals a praline flavor, giving it balance in the mouth
- Macadamia - Rich savors of the Macadamia nut combined with the roundness of the Livanto Grand Cru develop a surprising freshness, revealing citrus notes.
They are available with the Kona Special Reserve capsules for a limited time at the Nespresso USA Site
What were the Nespresso Variations for the past years?
Hit the jump for more information…...
Nespresso Variations 2006
- Absolute Vanilla - clean and obviously vanilla
- Spicy Apple - hints of cinnamon
- Anise seed - surprisingly good flavors
Nespresso Variations 2007
- Almond- Nice Roasted true almond flavor
- Cardamon - delicate but polarizing
- Chocolate Orange - classic holiday flavor
Nespresso Variations 2008
- Caramel - subtle, best with sugar and milk
- Mandarin - bright, basic orange flavor
- Crystalized Ginger - true ginger flavor that lingers; breakthrough favorite that I drank for months
Nespresso Variations 2009
- Chestnut Creme - intense aroma from this one was better than the flavor
- Gingerbread - strong ginger with subtle spice, not nearly as good as the Crystalized Ginger
- Apricot - juicy and intense apricot flavors were my absolute favorite this year and surprisingly wonderful
Nespresso Variations 2010
- Vanilla - balanced and full taste
- Caramel - creamy and best slightly sweetened
- Almond - lightly toasted and good.
Nespresso Variations 2011
What were your favorites?
- Vanilla Blossom - light and aromatic
- Cherry - full flavor of ripe cherries
- Dark Chocolate - slightly bitter and semi-sweet
I happened to like the Ginger of 2008 for its unexpected goodness, and the Apricot of 2009 was my all time favorite. Again, unexpected and amazingly bright flavors that made the sweet flavors wonderful.y delicious. What were yours?
Read More in: Nespresso
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at November 14, 2012 12:05 AM