Bialetti Mini Express Single Serve Espresso Machine
Most people know Bialetti for its iconic Moka Pot brewer that boils water in the bottom, forcing it up through the espresso cake and into the top reservoir. It brews at about 2-3 bar and makes a decently strong cup of coffee/espresso. They have also announced a new single serve brewer that uses capsules to brew espresso at 20 bar, giving users the espresso flavor, look and taste that they look for these days.
The Bialetti Mini Express espresso machine is designed to fit in a small space, and give great authentic flavor brew after brew. The 20 bar extraction system assures a great extraction every time, with plenty of crema and flavor in each cup. There is a 20 ounce reservoir, and a spent capsule bin that holds up to 10 used capsules.
There are five capsule varieties available, including:
- Milano - "An espresso that is always smooth and light-bodied,with a pleasing aroma." this is a light and balanced espresso.
- Venzia -"A round and delicate espresso, with rich vanilla accents." Light with a vanilla note.
- Roma - "An intoxicating coffee aroma with a rich, bold taste. " Strong profile with dried fruit notes.
- Napoli - "A full-bodied and intense espresso, with a unique aroma." Full flavored with a hearty body and full finish. I would suspect this has a hint of robusta in it to give the full body and flavor finish.
- Italia Deca (Decaf) - " A decaffeinated aromatic coffee with a velvety, enveloping texture." Medium to light body.
This machine and capsules are different than the iconic but weird Bialetti Mokona single serve espresso machine.
On sale now at a discounted $149 at the Bialetti Shop
Read More in: Espresso Machines
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at January 10, 2013 8:01 AM