How to Set the Brew Size on Nespresso Machines (and reset it)
It's easy to set a new brew size on most automatic Nespresso machines. These are the machines where you can hit the button, and the machine shuts off when it reaches the right pour size. This usually includes Citiz, Pixie, Latissima+, and more.
How to Customize your Brew Volume
If you decide that you want to alter the size of the espresso shot, you can easily create a new "espresso" and "lungo" setting for yourself in a few simple steps:
- Insert Capsule in machine to brew.
- Press and HOLD the desired brew button that you want to alter the brew volume on
- When the Espresso shot gets to the desired level, release the button.
- You now have set a custom brew size that will allow you to get that brew volume each and every time you brew.
How to Reset your Nespresso Machine
Okay, so you don't like that brew volume setting anymore, or you accidentally set it to some insane level, it's easy to return the Citiz to the factory settings. Again a few easy steps:
- Switch the machine off
- Press and hold the "Lungo" brew button
- Switch the machine on
- Release the Lungo button
Yes, it's that easy.
Read More in: Nespresso
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at April 24, 2013 9:55 PM