5 Tips for Great Iced Coffee this Summer
We drink a lot of coffee, and if you're at a blog on espresso, you probably do to. Not everyone drinks hot coffee all summer long, and with the first heat wave of the season coming this week, we thought we'd offer a few tips on getting a cool treat in a coffee kind of way.
- Skip the ready to drink variety from the store - they generally taste the same, and are not as fresh as your own, generally cost more and it wasn't heat processed like a moon rock.
- Choose an all Arabica blend - the "traditional" blends of espresso include Robusta coffee, which while I love that full bodied dark flavor in hot espresso, it comes across as a bit of rank pungency in an iced coffee.
- Get a pair of these glasses - they are different, and can handle hot and cold drinks. I brew right into them and ice. The special glasses make the occasion.
- Keep a little cream in the fridge as a treat for "chill" weekends - espresso over the rocks with a splash of cream is an excellent indulgence.
- Try something new - drinking iced coffee is different and you might like a different blend hot than cold. Variety is the spice of life.
Cheers; see you on the balcony/patio/deck or in the park.
Read More in: General News
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at May 28, 2013 8:17 PM