Bialetti Diva Espresso Machine
Bialetti is the well-known maker of stove top brewers and they have made the jump to single serve espresso brewers in a capsule format.
The Bialetti Diva has a lot of the same characteristics we've come to know in a single serve espresso maker; easy access to the brewing chamber, spent capsule bin, easy-fill reservoirs, and more. The Bialetti Diva brews an espresso in just a few seconds using 20 bars of pressure to brew. The machine measures just 4.5 inches wide, 10 inches high and 14 inches deep.
The approach to espresso is different if you are an Italian-based company, and Bialetti does. They have named their espresso range after the regional tastes of Italy, and offer a set of five different capsules that should be able to capture most peoples' espresso tastes. Northern Italian blends are more typically Arabica blends that are lighter, and less aggressive, while the southern blends tend to use the less expensive Robusta, that is cultured into a bold expression of coffee with a lingering coffee flavor.
- Roma - a medium roast with hints of cocoa; a 50% Arabica, 50% Robusta blend
- Venezia - a light roast with a hint of vanilla notes; 80% Arabica, 20% Robusta blend
- Milano, a light roast with a lighter body, and floral and fruity notes; this is a 100% Arabica blend
- Napoli - a bold, darker roast with bitter cocoa flavors; this is a 70% Robusta, 30% Arabica blend
- Torino - a medium roast that has nutty flavors, and a smooth finish; a 75% Arabica, 25% Robusta blend
- Decaf - a medium roast with cereal and toast notes, moderate body; 60% Arabica, 40% Robusta blend
At Amazon - Bialetti 06773 I Caffe d'Italia DIVA
Read More in: Espresso Machines
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Single Serve Espresso for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at November 28, 2014 8:33 PM